The Study Circle
... introduces participants to the nature and dynamics of retreat-giving and spiritual direction in the Ignatian Tradition, both for the individually-directed retreat format and the conference retreat format.
For twelve (12) consecutive Saturdays, Study Circle participants go through conferences, case studies, real case spiritual direction demonstrations and workshops aimed at providing basic knowledge, skills and dispositions on spiritual direction and retreat-giving.
This course is designed for those who wish to discern the call to ministries of accompaniment –
Prayer Guides and Spiritual Directors
Campus or Youth Ministers
Lay and Religious Formators
Retreat House Administrators and Guides
Study Circle A: Formation For Prayer Guides
PREREQUISITES: Module 1A (Prayer Workshop) & Module 1B (Experience of Individually-Directed Retreat)
A 4-day program that focuses on the rudiments of fostering prayer in people whether praying individually or in groups.
Program Content/ Topic
· Reflect on the life of Ignatius and the dynamics of the Spiritual Exercises.
· Religious experience.
· Theological and pastoral principles in creating Sacred Spaces and Communal Liturgies,
· Ignatian Discernment and Discernment of Spirits.
· Group dynamics as well as the skills and dispositions involved in good facilitation of groups.
Study Circle B: Formation For Ignatian Retreat-Giving and Spiritual Direction
PREREQUISITES: Modules 1A & 1B, Module 2A (Formation of Prayer Guides)
An 8-day program that elaborates further the skills and dispositions of spiritual direction and retreat-giving in the Ignatian Tradition.
Program Content/ Topic
- Dynamics of spiritual direction and Ignatian retreat-giving.
· Demonstrations and practicum exercises on Spiritual Direction.
· Basic helper skills for spiritual direction – probing, exploring, paraphrasing, magnifying and amplifying.
· Human development theories which impact on faith and spirituality of persons.
· Supervision of spiritual directors and retreat guides.
· Use of Sacred Scriptures for the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius.
Program Cost: Php 18,000.00 (meals excluded)
Study Circle A : Php 6,800.00
Study Circle B: Php 11,700.00
1. Personal Essay (1-2 pages typewritten, double space), on the following:
a. A description of your spiritual growth or the development of your
relationship with God.
b. Your reasons for wanting to train as a spiritual director/retreat giver.
c. Programs or process, if any that you have undergone in the past three years
that have fostered self-awareness and self-understanding.
2. Interview by the CIS Program Director. Interview shall be scheduled upon receipt of application form
and personal essay. Phone interviews for out of town applicants.
3. Completed Module 1A (Prayer Workshop) and experienced at least a 5-day individually-directed retreat,
or the Retreat in Daily Life - 19th Annotation of the Spiritual Exercises or 30-day retreat.
For those without these retreat experiences, a 5-day individually directed retreat may be scheduled
before Study Circle B.
4. Recommendation from your community leader, superior or institution's head.
Deadline of Application : 24 July 2015
Program Payment :
Registration Fee to confirm participation : 30%, upon acceptance into the program.
Full Payment : 70% Balance, on or before the start of Study Circle A on August 8, 2015.
The cost should not deter anyone from participating in the program.Partial scholarships for deserving individuals may be considered. Request for scholarship must be addressed to the Executive Director,CIS Phil.
Payments may be deposited to:
Account Name : Center for Ignatian Spirituality
Account No. 3081-1105-56
Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) Loyola Katipunan Branch Please fax Deposit Slip to 426-4250 and indicate your name and purpose of deposit.
|< Prev||Next >|