The Retreat in Daily Life (RDL) Program provides spiritual guidance to men and women seeking God in their daily routine through guided prayer based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. Retreatants find time for daily prayer for a period ranging from 14 to 35 weeks. They meet with their retreat directors regularly, and are guided through the different phases of the Exercises.
Also included in the program are the following:
The retreat cost should not deter anyone from participating. Arrangements can be made regarding partial retreat scholarship for deserving individuals.
The CENTER FOR IGNATIAN SPIRITUALITY (PHIL) invites you to encounter God in your everyday life.
The Retreat in Daily Life is for men and women who desire an intense encounter with the Lord in their daily routine.
Those who have gone through the Retreat in Daily Life have these to say:
“Inspiring & revealing – It’s entirely a new experience each time I encounter Jesus – a revelation of myself as person totally in need of His constant guidance – how much I need Him in my life – and a revelation of how present He is in all that I do.”
“My RDL experience has been beneficial for helping me discern what God wants me to do in my life. At this point, my life’s question is not anymore what I want to get from the world, but how much I’ve served the world in the way God wants me to.”
“The RDL experience is enriching in that it has “opened me up” and allowed me to look into my interior – what’s going on in my life; why I am asking in a certain way, etc. It has also pruned me to open up to God-o to reach out to Him, to answer His call.”
“My RDL experience is very fulfilling so far. Because of RDL I can say that I have improved with my dealings with other people & with myself as well.”
“The RDL is the most amazing experience I have had so far. It is filled with so much grace, love and compassion from our Lord. Here, I am discovering how gentle and loving Jesus truly is. The experience is very personal and moving. Most importantly, I am getting to know Jesus more and more and I am surely being healed of all that needs to be healed in my life..”
The Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius in Daily Life
Undergoing the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola can be a most profound and transforming spiritual experience. It is a time for intimate contact between God and the person making the Exercises.
For persons who cannot take time off to devote thirty days to do the retreat, St. Ignatius offered the Spiritual Exercises in daily life. The retreatants do not leave their homes and places of work. They keep their regular schedules but commit themselves to a daily prayer period of 30 minutes to one hour and meet weekly with their retreat guide.
The Retreat in Daily Life for Beginners is an adaptation of the Spiritual Exercises and is most suitable for those who are starting in their spiritual journey, or those who want to attend to their spiritual thirst or hunger. The Retreat Daily Life for Beginners runs for 14 weeks.
The Spiritual Exercises in Daily Life is for those who experience a compelling desire to know, love and to pattern their life after Christ. The Spiritual Exercises in Daily Life runs for 35 weeks.
Who may apply to the Retreat in Daily Life?
Applicants are those who are…
1) able to make a firm commitment to the retreat
2) able to allocate time for formal prayer of 30 minutes to 1 hour each day
3) willing to pray the suggested prayer materials of the retreat
4) willing to reflect on and journal their prayer experiences and to share the fruits of their prayer with the retreat guide
5) willing to be guided by a competent lay retreat guide
Php 4,550.00 (RDL for Beginners, 14 weeks)
Php 9,000.00 (Spiritual Exercises RDL, 35 weeks)
- Program cost covers retreat materials, stipends for retreat guides, as well as expenses for the prayer workshops and recollections.
- 30% non-refundable deposit upon acceptance to confirm participation in the program. Deadline for payment: August 14, 2010
- 40% payable at the Launch of Retreat in Daily Life on September 5, 2010
- Remaining balance 30% payable on or before the Prayer Workshop on October 3, 2010
- Deadline for registration: August 5, 2010
- Pre-retreat interviews will be scheduled after submission of application forms.
- Advent Recollection: November 28, 2010
- Lenten Recollection: March 20, 2011
ATTENDANCE IS A MUST IN ALL ACTIVITIES.
Requests for scholarships may be considered by the Executive Director.
Applicants for scholarship must submit a letter of request addressed to:
Fr. Victor R. Baltazar, S.J.
Executive Director, CIS Phil.
For reservations and inquiries, contact:
CENTER FOR IGNATIAN SPIRITUALITY (PHIL)
Spiritual Pastoral Center, Seminary Road
Ateneo de Manila University Campus
Loyola Heights, 1108 Quezon City
Telephone number: 426-3240 to 51
Fax number: 426-4250